Rebuilt Transmissions – Transmission Rebuild
Serving Portland OR | Gresham OR | Clackamas OR | Vancouver WA
Your transmission is a complex component required for your vehicle to run. It’s important to find a talented mechanic when it comes to having your transmission rebuilt. In Portland Oregon and the surrounding areas, Marty’s Transmissions are the leading experts in rebuilt transmissions.
What Are Some Signs I Might Need My Transmission Rebuilt?
Your transmission will give you obvious signs it needs some attention:
- Burning Smell – your vehicle shouldn’t give off any odor. If you smell burning it could be your transmission fluid burning up.
- Noisy – If your car is sitting idle and you hear loud noises coming from your vehicle, you would need your transmission rebuilt.
- Gears Slipping – If your transmission is functioning normally, you should hardly notice gear changes. If you notice the gears slipping this is a sign you need to have your transmission repaired.
- Leaking Fluid – leaking fluid is never a good sign! If you know it’s transmission fluid that is coming out of the vehicle, it’s important to get it right into a shop for transmission repair.
- Check Engine Light – An illuminated dashboard is not something you want to see. The check engine light could mean an issue with your transmission or a number of other issues.
The transmission is one of the most important components of a vehicle, and if the damage goes unrepaired, it could result in expensive issues down the road.
Transmission Rebuild vs Replace
A rebuilt transmission can be significantly less expensive than a complete transmission replacement, as a transmission replacement is one of the most expensive car repairs. When you experience problems with your transmission, our certified mechanics can help you decide between a rebuild and a replacement, and we’ll present all of your available options before we start repairing your transmission. Depending on the age of your current engine and transmission, a replacement might be wiser.
Rebuilding a transmission is a complex project that needs to be done by an experienced mechanic. It’s always best to find a garage that specializes in transmissions, because of the complicated nature of transmissions and the wide range of manufacturers today. ASE certified mechanics have the tools and training that will be needed to quickly diagnose transmission problems and then come up with long-term solutions.
Professionally Rebuilt Transmissions
Marty’s Transmissions will diagnose your vehicles problem at no charge and prior to doing any repairs, we will contact you with a detailed assessment and estimate for repairing your vehicle. Upon your authorization, we will give you an approximate completion date and time, and keep you updated on your vehicle’s repair when necessary.
Need some of our other services? We also install and repair:
Marty’s Transmissions is a full-service transmission repair shop located in Portland Oregon. We can handle almost any job. For over 45 years, our master transmission builder has worked on just about every type of transmission here in Oregon. Call us today to schedule your transmission rebuild service, or fill out our request form for a FREE transmission service estimate.
Rebuilt Transmissions in Portland OR and Gresham OR
Serving Clients in the Greater Portland OR Area: