CV Boot Replacement
Serving Portland OR | Gresham OR | Clackamas OR | Vancouver WA
Transferring the power from your automobile’s transmission to its wheels when they’re turning is a complex process. It must work smoothly to help ensure you have an even, fluid ride. CV joints and CV boots both play a significant role in this process. When one or the other isn’t working correctly, you may need to have a professional perform a CV joint replacement or CV boot replacement. Fortunately, the experts at Marty’s Transmissions are here for you. We have over 45 years of experience. We’ll do everything we can to get your vehicle up and running again.
What Is a CV Joint and How Does It Work?
Without CV joints, the axle on your vehicle would not be able to move and flex in several different angles and would just break every time you make a turn or hit a bump. This movement and flexibility allow you to travel over bumps and ruts smoothly and comfortably.
CV Boot Replacement
A protective layer of grease is used to lubricate the CV joints on your vehicle. This lubrication helps them work correctly and is kept in place by a CV boot, which is a rubber covering. These important components aid in keeping dirt and water from entering the area and should be examined by a skilled technician regularly to ensure they are performing correctly.
Signs Your CV Joints Need Servicing
There are a few warning signs that you can look out for to determine if your vehicle requires a CV boot replacement. These include the following:
- Bouncy Ride: You may need a CV joint replacement if you are operating your vehicle on a flat, paved road and experiencing bouncing in your car. This problem can be verified by visiting an experienced mechanic.
- Loud Noises When Turning: If you’re turning your steering wheel and start to hear popping or clicking sounds, it’s highly likely you’ve got a worn or broken CV joint.
- Feeling Vibrations: Driving with a faulty CV joint will cause vibrations to occur. If these increase when you accelerate, it’s usually a reliable indicator that you may need a CV joint replacement.
- Knocking Sounds When Moving: You will hear a knocking sound coming from your wheels when a CV joint is starting to wear out. Look for the noise to come from the right or left side’s inner joint if you’re operating a front-wheel-drive automobile. You might hear a knocking sound coming from the inner or outer joints on a rear-wheel-drive vehicle.
- Finding Grease on Your Tires: Spotting grease on the edge of your tires is another sign that you may need to contact a professional mechanic who can handle this type of work efficiently and quickly.
If you’re experiencing any of the above problems, we highly recommend you bring your vehicle in for servicing because those indicators a sure sign you may have damaged CV joints. We’ll properly diagnose your vehicle and provide you with a free estimate before making any repairs. All of our technicians are ASE certified. Stop by, we’re conveniently located on NE Sandy Blvd in Portland OR.
CV Joint Replacement in Portland OR and Gresham OR
Serving Clients in the Greater Portland OR Area: